Difference between revisions of "Brasserie de la Presse"

From Lambic.Info
Jump to: navigation, search
m (History)
m (edited sentence structure)
Line 4: Line 4:
 
==History==
 
==History==
  
Brasserie de la Presse was founded in 1880, built in Uccle at Dekenijstraat 58, next to the town school. Also known as Brasserie Dits Fréres, Geuze and Kriek were its specialties. The brewery advertised its Gueuze with the following slogan: "Ne pas se laisser faire ... c'est la exiger GEUZE Robert DITS". Roughly translated, "Don't hesitate, demand Gueuze Robert Dits".  
+
Brasserie de la Presse was founded in 1880 in Uccle. The brewery was built next to the town school at at Dekenijstraat 58. It was also known as Brasserie Dits Fréres, and specialized in Geuze and Kriek. The brewery advertised its Gueuze with the following slogan: "Ne pas se laisser faire ... c'est la exiger GEUZE Robert DITS". Roughly translated, "Don't hesitate, demand Gueuze Robert Dits".  
 
<br><br>
 
<br><br>
 
Between the two world wars, the brewery was run by the widow Dits and her son Robert. (Annuaire du Commerce, 1914, 1935-40, and 1970-71). Until about 1965, Robert Dits continued running the brewery. Thereafter, the building was used as a beer warehouse. It was later used as a warehouse for dairy products and ice, named "Motta Belge". <ref name=Quintens>Bier en Brouwerijen te Brussel, Patricia Quintens, AVMB, 1996, page 219.</ref>
 
Between the two world wars, the brewery was run by the widow Dits and her son Robert. (Annuaire du Commerce, 1914, 1935-40, and 1970-71). Until about 1965, Robert Dits continued running the brewery. Thereafter, the building was used as a beer warehouse. It was later used as a warehouse for dairy products and ice, named "Motta Belge". <ref name=Quintens>Bier en Brouwerijen te Brussel, Patricia Quintens, AVMB, 1996, page 219.</ref>

Revision as of 10:41, 29 November 2016

←List of Closed Lambic Breweries and Blenders

1920's advertising sign, source: Timmermans brewery museum

History

Brasserie de la Presse was founded in 1880 in Uccle. The brewery was built next to the town school at at Dekenijstraat 58. It was also known as Brasserie Dits Fréres, and specialized in Geuze and Kriek. The brewery advertised its Gueuze with the following slogan: "Ne pas se laisser faire ... c'est la exiger GEUZE Robert DITS". Roughly translated, "Don't hesitate, demand Gueuze Robert Dits".

Between the two world wars, the brewery was run by the widow Dits and her son Robert. (Annuaire du Commerce, 1914, 1935-40, and 1970-71). Until about 1965, Robert Dits continued running the brewery. Thereafter, the building was used as a beer warehouse. It was later used as a warehouse for dairy products and ice, named "Motta Belge". [1]

Beers

  • Gueuze
  • Gueuze Robert Dits
  • Kriek
  • Krieken Lambic

Photos


Brewery playing card
Brewery glass

References

  1. Bier en Brouwerijen te Brussel, Patricia Quintens, AVMB, 1996, page 219.